HOW WE TREAT
Skin Needling (Dermapen4)
What Is Skin Needling (Dermapen4)
Skin Needling is a minimally-invasive skin treatment that involves the creation of thousands of micro-wounds across the surface of the skin using very fine needles. In addition to breaking up scar tissue, these micro-wounds trigger the body’s natural healing responses and result in the production of new collagen and growth factors.
Cosmetic Sculpting Clinic uses the Dermapen4, the most advanced Skin Needling technology available, specifically designed to treat scars and other skin concerns via a specially designed 16-needle disposable cartridge. The up-down stamping motion of the Dermapen4 ensures that the punctures are made with precision and the adjustable depth enables treatment of a wider variety of skin concerns. The needles in Dermal Roller style treatments enter the skin on a slight angle due to the design of the device and are more likely to create small tears than clean puncture marks. This can result in scarring or less effective treatments.
Results may be significantly enhanced through the addition of LED treatments and a Rejuvenating Peptide Mask, which will help to calm the inflammation and nourish the skin with the ingredients now able to penetrate deeply through the dermal layers via the micro-wounds.
Skin Needling with the Dermapen4 is effective for treating:
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Stretch Marks
- Sun Damage
- General Skin Rejuvenation
What To Expect
- The treatment will take approximately 45 minutes (numbing time included).
- After a thorough cleanse we will prepare the skin with chlorhexidine to minimise the risk of any infection.
- Numbing cream will be applied to ensure a more comfortable treatment.
- A specially formulated gel serum will be applied to the skin which is packed with vital nutrients that will be stamped down through the dermal layers to ensure maximum penetration.
- The device will be passed over the treatment area with the needle cartridge performing the stamping motion at 110 stamps per second. Both depth and speed can be adjusted to ensure maximum treatment efficacy based on the area and skin concern being treated.
- You may experience some bleeding in certain areas and your skin may appear red and sensitive for around 48 hours following treatment. You should not expose your skin to any make-up, sunlight or active ingredients during this time and you should only use products that have been approved by your therapist.
- After your treatment is completed you have the opportunity to add a Rejuvenating Peptide Mask and LED treatment which will greatly enhance results and assist with calming the inflammation. This is highly recommended as the opportunity for product penetration via the micro-wounds is limited to a couple of hours and it is essential that the right ingredients are used.
- You will notice significant improvement in skin quality after 1 treatment, however, for the treatment of major concerns such as scarring, you will notice a gradual reduction over a number of treatments.
Most Advanced Devices
Pain Management Available
Frequently Asked Question
How many treatments will I need?
Treatment needs vary depending on the individual and their concern. As a rough guide, patients can expect that skin rejuvenation may require 4-6 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart; Acne Scarring may require 6 treatments spaced 6 weeks apart; and Stretch Marks may require 4-8 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
When will I see results?
Typically, you will begin to see results following the first treatment. Lasting and more significant results will occur after the full course of treatments. Your skin will continue to improve after the course of treatments, and you will see further improvement when combining treatments with proper post-care regimes.
Is Micro-Needling painful?
Depending on the depth of the penetration, you may experience a slight discomfort. The use of topical anaesthetic will greatly assist for treatments involving deeper penetration and is readily available.
Is there any down time?
Normally, there is no down time associated with the treatment, however, you may experience facial redness for 12-48 hours after the treatment.
How many treatments can I have per year?
An average of 4-8 treatments is advised per year as the effects are long lasting.
Should I wait before having a treatment if I have had a cosmetic injection?
Patients who have had anti-wrinkle injections should allow 2 weeks either side of the treatment. Patients who have had filler injections should wait at least 4 days to allow the filler to settle. You can have the dermapen treatment 1-2 days before the filler injections.